Table of Contents
What Is Wu Long Tea ?
Wu Long Tea or oolong tea is the one which is the fastest popular development in Vietnam nowaday. Wu long tea traditionally comes from China (Camellia sinensis). The tea maker produces oolong tea by special way like dry tea leaves under sunshine and oxidate strongly before dry. In the past, Vietnamese people usually drank Thai Nguyen green tea (another names: Bac tea, Thai tea, Tan Cuong tea, Moc Cau tea, fishook tea etc.), Lotus green tea or Jasmine tea, etc. Appearing wu long tea makes a strong impression and curiousities for people who have a passion for this tea. In this post, I would like to show for you what is Wu Long Tea?
In Vietnam, the majority of oolong tea is the green one.
Taiwan’s Wu Long Tea
Factors To Make The Qualites Of Wu Long Tea
- Good tea’s cultivar and planing technique: Special cultivar, small leaves, and rich qualities make this tea. Especially, It is used for the original breeds then the new hybrid ones. At farmland, tea trees are farmed strickly. It begins from choosing breeds, cultivating, fertilizing, watering, etc. to picking leaves.
- Climate: This tea always grows in the high mountains with over 1000 meters (That is the reason why people normally call Gaoshan wu long), where have the cool green fog mountains. Weather is an important factor to decide to the quality of this tea.
- Processing techniques: After cropping, tea buds continuously go through 48 hours in the factory in order to be tea. It experiences the most subtle phases in all of tea types. It makes extremely abundant flavours of Wu Long Tea.
Vietnam’s Wu Long Tea
- We just produce Gaoshan oolong tea in several types of tea in the market.
- Vietnam’s Wu Long has good qualites and international standards.
- People usually call our production is “Green Wu Long Tea”. When factory export this tea to Taiwan, Taiwanese consumed immediately most of them. Besides, they roast the rest into types of blacker wu long teas depending on the flavors that they want.
- Bao Loc town (Lam Dong province) is traditionally the main area where produce oolong tea in Vietnam.
Some Misunderstanding About Oolong Tea
- Wu Long helps lose weigh: It’s not only true for only this one but also for all teas in the tea market. But If you need to lose weigh, just finding other ways to do more effectively.
- People use fresh milk, honey and eggs to water oolong tea tree: It’s totally wrong. People use normal fertilizers to fertilize tea trees. If they use some sweet foods to do, sectors, flies, ants, etc. will appear in the farm.
- Just only pick 1 buds in 2 leaves: To make the best products, people need to pick the third or fourth leaves, and both the stems and tops. Therefore, picking 1 buds in 3 or 4 leaves is suitable.